What is Microsoft Dynamics 365?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a modern enterprise business application that combines Dynamics ERP and CRM solutions into a sole purpose-built application and cloud service to manage core business functionalities such as Finance and Operations, Customer Service, Project Service Automation, Marketing, Sales and Field Services.
Enhance your operations and financials to make real-time, drive growth, efficient decisions at global scale with Microsoft’s most innovative strategic ERP, an end to end intelligent business application, Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Empower your Company to grow and fast-track your digital transformation, progress with new business opportunities and adapt to meet the fluctuating requirements of tomorrow with Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Decrease time to value and facilitate faster, more confident decisions using roll-based workspaces with embedded analytics
- Adapt to changing business requirements by tailoring chart of accounts, dimensions, and rules
- Provide checks and balances using process automation, encumbrance, budget planning, budget control, and three-way matching
- Efficiently track values and reduce reporting errors by automatically managing capitalized assets
- Meet public sector requirements for encumbrance and budgeting
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a new cloud service that repackages and rebrands what was formerly called Dynamics CRM Online into applications (or apps). In addition, Dynamics 365 Enterprise Edition (see below for an explanation of Enterprise Edition) combines the former Dynamics CRM and Dynamics AX, which is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application. Now, AX will be one of the apps available within Dynamics 365. Microsoft Dynamics 365 is part of the wider One Microsoft breadth of solutions and fully supports Microsoft’s ambitions of
1) Reinventing productivity and business processes,
2) Building the intelligent cloud platform, and
3) Creating a more personal computing
Microsoft combines Dynamics CRM and ERP solutions into one, cloud-enabled product offering. The Dynamics 365 Apps are Sales, Field Service, Customer Service, Project Service Automation, Marketing, Financials, and Operations. In addition, two new apps, PowerApps and Flow, have been introduced to help users customize their Dynamics 365 solution:
- PowerApps provides a no-code approach to building mobile apps with specific functionality. For example, you could build a time and expense app that runs on mobile devices and updates data in CRM. Think of these as mostly task-specific apps.
- Flow, on the other hand, is a workflow engine that works across all Dynamics 365 apps, as well as with third party services. If you have ever heard of IFTTT or Zapier, Flow is Microsoft’s version of those apps.
Want to learn more about Dynamics 365? Please reach out to one of the Dynamics Stream Consultants.